Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to work with our Turku and/or Helsinki team.
We build successful digital solutions by combining high-quality customer insight, design and technology expertise. We believe in providing an equal and open environment that offers both responsibility and great personal freedom, while supporting everyone involved in their personal goals as well. Here, you get to work on challenging projects that have positive impact on the world around us, together with the top people of their respective fields.
We won't send you to work at clients' premises for long periods of time; we want to see you in our own office so you can collaborate with your colleagues. We care about our people, value their opinions and hope they also care about what they do.
We pay a fair salary with the usual perks and benefits. These include the workstation/tools, phone and headphones of your choice, healthcare, sports & wellness package and the possibility to join different Taiste clubs and events.
For this role, we hope you recognise yourself from the description below:
- You have experience with some of the technologies we use, depending on the area you want to focus on.
- Our front end technologies are React, Vue, TypeScript and ClojureScript. In mobile development, our weapons of choice are React Native, ClojureScript, TypeScript and Xamarin. For Windows development, we use .NET and UWP.
- For back end, the magic words are Python, Django, Postgres, Node.js and Clojure. At the heart of our DevOps operations, you'll find Gitlab CI, Docker and Ansible.
- You possess a clear understanding of various programming paradigms as well as their upsides and downsides.
- You are independent, proactive and solution-oriented. As a senior developer, you are able to take responsibility for the overall technical vision of the projects you're working on.
- You have the determination to polish services by iterating them together with the rest of the team and the client.
- You are able to justify your choices and know how to document them in a clear and understandable manner.
- You always seek to update your skills via new tools and working methods.
What we offer
Cozy offices, flexibility and freedom
Our inspiring offices are located at the heart of Helsinki and in lively and unique Turku.
As a part of our team, you are free to work in both of them – or remotely when you feel like it.
Our teams are self-organising units with flexible roles. New perspectives offer a chance to tailor your unique career path.
There’s power in community
Our work environment is respectful, fun and inclusive – this is due to our people who we're proud to be colleagues with.
We organise both work-related and extra-curricular activities all the time. These range from workshops and sports all the way to board game and video game nights. Do you have an idea for something you'd like to see? Let’s make it happen together!
We've got your back
We make sure you always get to work with up-to-date equipment and software, tailored to your needs. Starting work at Taiste is quick and stress-free. We'll guide you through the first months with our mentor buddy system.
Of course, well-being is more than just a shiny new Macbook – regular growth discussions, sports benefits and healthcare are also part of the deal.
Pyry LiukasSoftware Developer
At Taiste, we build digital services, including both consumer products and internal systems for businesses. Working as a developer here means always fresh challenges and teamwork. We get to choose technologies that best fit our projects. That said, you don’t need to be a master of everything to apply. Learning and sharing information is a part of the job.
Eetu LaaksonenSoftware Developer
I feel respected and trusted as a digital professional. We’re able to make technology-related decisions without long, discouraging processes. This results in a fun, fast-moving environment where you can focus on the good stuff: coding and problem-solving.
Tiina ViljakainenUX Designer
Here, you get to work on interesting projects and enjoy a great deal of personal freedom. The quality of the work is always important. We emphasize independence and being passionate about what we do.
Did we spark your interest?
Take the chance and tell us about yourself – send us an application via the button below.
When the right candidate is found, the work can begin straight away. So what are you waiting for? Let's create a better digital future and an awesome place to work together!